Your Important Job: CEO and World Changer
Hey Mama, Are you having a rough day? Wondering why on earth you’re putting yourself through all this? Do you wonder what’s the point? Are you feeling undervalued and unappreciated by those around you and especially by the world outside. Do you have friends who make you feel like you’re wasting your time and leave you wondering why you do what you do?
I’m here to tell you, you have an important job! The most life changing, world revolutionizing, important job of all!
You’re a World Changer!
Let me tell you mama that you are valuable. What you do is world changing! It doesn’t matter what others say. I wish I could sit down with you, look you straight in the eyes and tell you how valuable you are. How desperately important your job, staying home to school and train your children, really is.
I wish I could sit down with you, look you straight in the eyes and tell you how valuable you are. How desperately needed your important job is.The things you do every day. The books you choose for your children to read, the stories you choose to tell the values and character you instill in your child.
All of this is a nation changer!
I know your job is hard. I know there are days when you feel like you can’t go on. . . But can I tell you, mama, that right here, right now what you are doing is powerful.
Yes, you are a world changer!
How is that possible? These little people in your charges are growing a worldview and learning to think for themselves! They are becoming problem solvers right before your very eyes. They will not stay little forever! You are training the next generation of thinkers, doers and action takers.
What you invest in them now can change the world!
You Have the Power to Raise Kids who can think for themselves!
When my children have questions or concerns I want them to feel free to talk with me about them. I want them to feel safe. I want them to build an open relationship with them so they can feel free to work things out with me even if they disagree with me! Why? Because I want to raise children who can reason for themselves and not just accept whatever they’re told to think.
You Have the Power to Raise Responsible Children!
The number one way to raise responsible children is to give them responsibility!
- Give them age appropriate household chores.
- Give them space to solve their own problems (don’t do it all for them!)
- Teach them useful life skills and give them opportunities to practice those skills! (eg. cooking, building, knitting, sewing, gardening, cleaning etc …)
You Have the Power to Raise Unentitled Children:
- Please tell your children “no”, they can’t always have what they want, it may not always be good for them etc. . . ( It is popular on the internet right now to come up with more positive ways to say no to your child. I disagree. I want to prepare my child for real life. In real life, we hear the word “no” and we can’t always have our own way.
- Give them opportunities to serve others teaching them that it’s not all about them.
- Model compassion and empathy. Give them opportunities to become aware of the needs of others and to see what they can do about those needs.
- Give them opportunities to give.
- Teach them to be grateful. You cannot force gratefulness but you can encourage and model it. Ask them to share daily what they are thankful for. If they are old enough have them keep a thankfulness journal, jotting down three things a day they’re thankful for!
Be encouraged, Mama. As you wash the dishes and plan your lessons today remember that you are building into your children invaluable qualities that have the power to change lives and nations! Your work, no matter how mundane it feels, is powerful and priceless!
Blessings and Happy Homeschooling to you!
Need help to homeschool with toddlers?
Get my five tools to homeschooling with toddlers checklist
and bring more sanity to your day!